| Lockheed Martin F-35 |
Joint Strike Fighter
Advanced multirole fighter
Medium steel armor
|“|| Bombing sequence initiated.|
- FA-35 JSF
|“|| Damn! I've been painted!|
- FA-35 JSF, being targeted
Though not as effective as the F-15 for air superiority, the FA-35 is still a potent warplane with its four GPS-guided bombs, which can also be upgraded to blackout bombs that disable enemy structures. However, its lack of stealth makes it vulnerable to enemy air defenses.
While originally the plane was armed with a limited number of anti-air missiles, in High Treason this was removed, and it will engage enemy aircraft one at a time if they stray into firing range. Its bomb ammunition is still limited, however.
The seaborne version of the aircraft, which is only available from the San Antonio class, can be differentiated by its paint job. The naval version performs virtually like a helicopter, in that it doesn't enter and exit the map like the regular airstrike version and can be controlled by the player. It will fly tight circles around a designated area, or land on its parent ship to rearm. The naval version has unlimited anti-air and anti-tank missiles, as well as a single Harpoon missile for engaging enemy ships. It is slightly cheaper than the regular plane.
| BLU-144 Blackout bomb|
Costs $3500. FA-35s fire two blackout bombs on enemy structures. Effective vs structures only; buildings will be disabled while blackout is in effect. High Treason only.
- At the time of Act of War's release, the real-life name of this aircraft had not yet been decided upon, and there was some expectation that its designation would be "F/A-35". This turned out not to be the case, as it would eventually be called the "F-35 Lightning II".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Eugen Systems, Atari, Act of War: High Treason. March 24, 2006.
- ↑ Eugen Systems, Atari, Act of War: Direct Action. March 15, 2005.
- Wikipedia: Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II
- F-15 Eagle - U.S. Army air superiority fighter
- A-10 Thunderbolt II - U.S. Army ground attack aircraft
- YF-23 Black Widow II - Consortium multirole fighter